Sunday, June 29, 2008

reading Kinsella

My brain is, like, slush, having just finished Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic and Sister. I bought the book because it was such a bargain, and it had the word sister in the title (I sooo love my sisters and i was betting it would be a heart-wrenching story). Also, the book was hardbound (and everyone knows THAT always looks good on the shelf) and had a cute apple green dust jacket with a hiking boot and a sparkly stiletto drawn on the cover.

Reading it was quite an achievement for me. It had 355 pages and I finished it in just a couple of days--- a busy couple of days, if I may add, having a dinner to go to and some grocery shopping to do and, ooh! I got these fab tank tops which weren't really on my list of things to buy but my sister was taking forever looking for a jacket so I ended up buying them out of sheer boredom. Anyway, I was saying I finished the 355-page book in just 2 days. I'm such a nerd, you know. I think I've always been a smart cookie but everyone else was just so grade-conscious and I'm not really a very competitive person. So there. But Kinsella's novel isn't the kind of book I usually read. I go for stories with really deep words--- because my friend gave me a new dictionary and it would be such a waste not to use it. And besides, it makes me look smart, holding 2 books at a time. Super-smart. You know, like Oprah, who's probably the smartest girl in the world.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: