Saturday, September 26, 2009

Indulge Me

One of my favorite words in the English language is indulgence. It makes me think of a fresh pot of coffee (which i drink too much of), After Eight mints (which I can't get enough of), and being absorbed in a good book, oblivious to the passing of time (which I need to do more of).

Saying it even feels luxurious--- like popping a bite-sized piece of dark chocolate wrapped around a luscious cherry. Liqueur languorously oozing out, leaving a tingling sensation on the palate. The enunciation of the last syllable a sweet and slow and leisurely breath of warmth.

Its meaning intimates delights borne out of lazy dreams and languid expectations.

Rapture. Bliss. Pleasure.

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

Peter S. said...

Hi, Ajie! I love, love, LOVE that word, too. When I think of indulgence, I always picture myself holding two large plastic bags from a bookstore. Hehehe.

And I love your imagery of the dark chocolate-covered cherries. I can't have enough of those, too. One time, the djowa gave me a box of those from M&S. When I eventually finished those, I popped by the nearest M&S and was shocked to find out how pricey a box is! Indulgence indeed.

mental wayfarer said...

Isn't it? Haven't tried from M&S, but those at Leonida's... Yummm. I should really stop thinking about them. A yoville friend brought it up, now i can't stop drooling.:)